Thursday, March 22, 2012

Keeping Up with the Alums

Sometimes when I look around my apartment at the Pee Wee Herman DVDs, the Mister Rogers' trolley, my puppets, and the large stack of children's media textbooks, I wonder if there's anyone else out there who has all these items...and then I remember my Fred Rogers Memorial Scholarship family. For the past several years, The Television Academy Foundation has shared a scholarship with three to four up and coming children's media professionals. It has been an honor to be part of this family, and find other people who share an interest in carrying on Fred Rogers' legacy.

There's a cluster of scholarship winners at Northwestern University, working in research and early childhood education. This year, they had the great idea of creating a birthday video for Mister Rogers. Cassie and I make a brief appearance, but I'm so impressed with strong talent and love that everyone shared. Check it out...


No comments:

Post a Comment