Friday, June 17, 2011

Portlandia East


Early Monday morning, Joe and I jumped on an Amtrak Downeaster to Portland, Maine. We ordered our tickets on TraintoMain.com and got a fantastic deal; we only had to pay for one round-trip ticket!

Joe is a huge fan of train travel, as I've mentioned in older posts. He had a full agenda for our visit, making sure we had a good balance of tourist must-sees and local stops. Included on this list was a trip to a shop called Treehouse Toys. The description stated that they sold unique toys from the United States and abroad. He thought it was something I would really enjoy, and he was certainly right!

Treehouse Toys is nestled in between boutique shops on Exchange Street in Portland's Old Town district. We scoped out the whole store, pointing out items that really got our attention. While looking at their stash of dramatic play clothes, I found these amazing French shadow puppet sets made by Moulin Roty.


While admiring a lovely grouping of different Madeline dolls, I was so happy to see Lola (of Charlie and Lola) tucked into one of the shelves as well. This was completely unique to me! I haven't seen any products from the British television show before. I was also very happy to see a whole bunch of my Fraggle Rock friends including Uncle Traveling Matt, Red, Gobo, and a Doozer!

Our trip was very quick but wonderful! In addition to the fun toys at Treehouse and the delicious food, I also fell in love with local design companies, Sea Bags and Angela Adams. I encourage you to get up or over to Portland soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment