Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Ride to Sandbox

I love visiting Boston: seeing friends, eating at favorite restaurants, and getting my hair cut by the best stylist on the east coast. This week, I get to visit a new spot, an area I had only stared at and read about during my two years as a Massachusetts resident. I'm in the area for Sandbox Summit at MIT. I'm here to represent and learn for my research and strategy job, and I feel so, so fortunate. Only a year ago, I was following the tweets from the annual conference. It was far to pricey for a student's budget, but I knew there was invaluable information there.

 As I ride Amtrak, reading my new Domino magazine and listening to This American Life podcasts, I think about what I'll learn this year and who I'll meet. I reflect on my visit to Carnegie Hall on Saturday with some great members of WiCM and one of my best friends, H. We saw a Music of the Muppets concert, featuring the Muppets, the Sesame Muppets, some Fraggles, and songs and puppets from Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas. It was huge! I'm pretty sure this is the first time all of these characters have been featured in the same space, under the same bill since the Muppet Family Christmas. This event and Sandbox Summit are reminders of how lucky I am to be doing the things I'm doing, and working in the business t we love. I can't believe how much my life has changed in the last year. It just goes to show that with dedication and love, good things happen in time! Continue your journeys and follow your dreams, dear readers. There's so much exciting stuff around the corner.

Follow my tweets @InsightMuse for all the latest at this year's Sandbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment