Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Day I Decided to Take Over the World

Each morning on my commute, I pass a magazine stand. I'm so tempted to grab an issue to read on the bus, but then I think of how expensive magazines are and how little I'm bringing in as a children's media intern. I've had my eye on the issue of Wired featuring Pixar. A great alternative to buying the magazine is looking up the article on their website. I'm sure this will cost me money some day in the near future.
I've always been one to pull pictures out of catalogs or obsess over small objects on websites or stories people tell. Years later, these things continue to inspire or motivate me. It doesn't happen very often, but it's magical when it does. I had this feeling when I read the Pixar article and subsequently checked out their website. I love how they describe their company and seem to create a happy and creative environment for their employees. Today I've decided that this article came to me for a reason. I'd really like to work for Pixar...to actually be one of those happy employees. At the least, however, I think I'd like to create this kind of working environment if I ever run my own production company. I'd have Legos in the break room, dogs under cubicles, and scooters to get from one part of the office to the other.
I've spent a lot of time this week thinking about whether I'd like to work for someone else or take a huge risk and work for myself next year. It's nice to have goals, but I'm going to let this one work itself out. I think whatever is meant to be will be, and the best I can do today and tomorrow is produce an awesome and active program for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment