Monday, February 13, 2012

My First Kidscreen: A Timeline

Leading up to last week's Kidscreen, I had joked that my anticipation was comparable to Brad Goretsky's before attending his very first New York Fashion Week. I was there as part of Insight Strategy Group, and could not have been more honored to represent such a reputable, fabulous team. The following is a timeline of my week...

Monday: Team Insight puts the finishing touches on all presentations and our Insight Museum, presenting real kids and their thoughts to the producers and creators present at this year's summit. We had lots of boxes to open.


We also had the pleasure of attending a "Lift Off" party at Little Airplane Productions downtown. It was great to spend some time with my co-workers and friends before starting the big week.

Tuesday: I arrived at my office early in the AM to help load in and set up our Museum. I thought it looked pretty great.


Donna Friedman-Meir, one of the Insight execs and a true leader in the field, led a great panel discussion on what it means to be a leader and a boss in the industry. More about that discussion will be posted later this week!

Wednesday: I took some time to tour the summit and found some great attractions. I am a sucker for good marketing, and love Rocket Fund's slogan "Fueling Creativity," particularly at the "refueling" stations.


I was so excited to see Monster Factory present. I have been following the plush company for some time and was thrilled to see that they were working with 9 Story Entertainment. Conference attendees got mini Monsters. I was pretty thrilled about that!


This is a booth set up by a new production. I didn't have an opportunity to learn more about the show, but I truly appreciated the set up.


Wednesday evening, I met up with a bunch of friends at the WiCM party. It was great to see how many people came out to network and hang. What a great group!

Thursday: Mostly meetings...but did I mention there were Penguins at the conference?!


Friday: The Insight team celebrated a week of hard work with a little after work fun, and I was happy to find a place on my shelf of toys for my new Monster friend, Todd.


No comments:

Post a Comment