Thursday, July 7, 2011

Muppets Movie Trailers

I couldn't help myself. With all the spoofs and teasers of The Muppets floating around, I wanted to try to get all of them in one place. Below are the trailers in order of release, from oldest to most recent.









Thoughts?

I have to admit, I'm a little sad to see the original title of the film, The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made, go to the wayside. It seems like Disney wants to reintroduce the newly-acquired characters (relatively speaking) to audiences. Jason Segal, though? I was re-watching The Great Muppet Caper this weekend in addition to a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother. I have full confidence in Segal and am so interested to see how someone who grew up with the Muppets creates for them as an adult. This is a prime example of how the media children watch can impact their lives long-term.

Disney's participation can guarantee us a few things:
1- High production value.
2- Some spectacular cameos.
3- Awesome merchandise.

Included in the Muppet movie madness is the soon-to-be-released album of Muppet covers The Green Album. This was supposed to be released a year and a half ago under the title Muppets Revisited. It seems like it will be worth the wait, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment