Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Children's Media Lover's Holiday Wish List 2013

There just aren't enough hours in the day to continue writing this blog, but I couldn't let a holiday go by without creating my ideal children's media wish list. Friend Sarah and I have spent the year curating interesting items for this post on Pinterest...check out our board!


1. Puffin's beautiful new book series features cover art by my favorite chalk artist Dana Tanamachi

2. Do I love Oliver Jeffers enough to tattoo his illustrations to my arms? Maybe not, but I do love him enough to temporary tattoo it! Thanks, Tattly.

3. This year revealed the wonders of the New York Public Library to me. They have every book you might want to read, FOR FREE. Researching a particular topic, reading for pleasure, or testing out a new coffee table book? Go get your library card! What are you waiting for?

4. Kate Spade's circulation card iPhone case is the perfect gift for your book loving friend or someone who works in publishing.

5. I love this reinterpretation of the first Baby-Sitters Club book cover.

6 and 7. The color test print has been on my mind a lot-harkening back to industry of yore! Try and snag this limited edition Longchamp tote to be sold selectively this winter or sport a color test TV necklace at your next planning meeting.

8. Make Something Today Even If It Sucks...because practice makes perfect and creation may cause inspiration for your next big hit.

9. Jim Henson made a lot of something every day, and some of it sucked (who knew?!). This dense read is full of interesting anecdotes about Henson's dedicated career and how he created some of the most memorable properties in 20th century history (and beyond)!

10. This Anne of Green Gables teapot made me giggle with delight and inspires great conversation about Gilbert Blythe during tea time.

11. Did you know there are enough LEGO for each human to have 80 pieces? What would you do with your 80 pieces


No comments:

Post a Comment