Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Little Hero Capes

This past Saturday, I hopped over two rivers to check out the Renegade Craft Fair, basically Etsy Live.  I didn't anticipate that I would have something to write about, that's why I was so excited to find Little Hero Capes.


Allison Faunce shared her inspiration story with me: her son would use dish towels as super hero capes, but they didn't stay on and they weren't nearly cool enough. That's when she took to designing her own, and they're way cooler than dish towels.


There are a few things I love about this company:
1- The designs are beautiful, bright, and homemade
2- You can purchase a "courage cape" on the company's site that gets donated to a child in a hospital
3- They foster the kind of outdoor, imaginative play that we keep trying to reintegrate into kid culture

The best part of Allison's booth was this sign:


What are some other ways we can support kids' imaginative play and be a hero to a child in need?

No comments:

Post a Comment