Monday, March 8, 2010

Audience Participation

I'm trying to brainstorm a list of children's television programs that were interactive, that were created with audience participation in mind. Unless there's at least one other person out there who considered Ben Vereen's character "Mayor Ben" to be their personal choreography and vocal coach, I'm not counting Zoobilee Zoo. Sorry. The list is as follows:

Picture Pages (with Bill Cosby and that insect-looking pen)
Mister Rogers (specifically, the segments with Fred when he talked to the viewer as his "neighbor")
Blues Clues
Dora

Is that it? I know there are certain segments of Sesame Street that could be considered interactive. I also think Yo Gabba Gabba does a great job of including the home viewer in on the dancy dance portions of the show.

I think the Picture Pages theme song directly addresses the young viewer and prepares them to work with Bill Cosby.

No comments:

Post a Comment