Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Casting Jem


Jem is truly outrageous, and the main character's perfect combination of super hero, rock star, and girl next door means she's an aspirational character for girls of both 1986 and 2012. Last year, I saw a Halloween-themed episode of Jem and was so inspired. Though the animation was definitely dated, the story was still transferable to 2012, and the series maintained its playability. Is it possible we're due for a Jem redux?

Just the other day, I was perusing costumes when I came across this jem (pun intended)
It was then, that I became determined to pen the live-action Jem script.

What’s that? You’ve already signed some fantastically brilliant female comedy and/or teen writer? Fine. I’ll settle for cast recommendations. If I were to have a hand in the Jem production, I would round out the star studded cast with independent lady musicians who actually rock.

I think Esperanza Spalding would make a great Shana Elmsford:
via
via
Neko Case as a little bit older and a little bit wiser Synergy:
via
via 

Don’t forget Heather Robb as Misfit Roxanne "Roxy" Pellegrini:
via
via
Elizabeth Ziman as genius Misfit keytarist Mary "Stormer" Phillips
via
via
Lucius would need to make an appearance. They could probably even be another supergroup competitor.
via

Who would you cast in the lead role?

No comments:

Post a Comment